After last years’ successes, Yunus Emre Institute London will be taking part in London Craft Week for the fifth consecutive year, this time bringing Türkiye’s delicious cuisine and rich arts for London to enjoy!
Joining 400 fantastic makers, designers, brands, and galleries from 26 countries, Yunus Emre Institute London is delighted to be taking part in celebrating British and international creativity again for London Craft Week this spring! Taking place between the 9th and 15th of May at the Institute in Fitzrovia, the theme this year is Turkish Cuisine. Participants will have the opportunity to take part in workshops, demonstrations, talks and more with world-class chefs to explore (and taste) Türkiye’s famous cuisine. Alongside our culinary activities, artists and art-lovers will also be catered for with workshops and talks on the traditional Turkish arts of İznik tiles, Ebru (paper marbling), Book-binding, and Calligraphy.
London Craft Week (LCW) is an annual festival that celebrates exceptional craftsmanship. Across London, workshops, galleries, and demonstrations are held by emerging makers as well as celebrated masters, famous studios, galleries, shops, and luxury brands. While the event may be centred in London, the crafts and artistry are distinctly international. Embracing craft and the lively community LCW fosters, Yunus Emre Institute London will be holding a host of fantastic in-person craft events again this year!
Wherever you go in Türkiye, you will always find something delicious to eat. Thirst-quenching drinks, fresh mezes, mouth-watering main meals, and delectable desserts cater to every taste and they are all coming to London this spring! Join award-winning Turkish chefs for tantalising workshops, demonstrations and more at the Yunus Emre Institute. There will also be a number of fantastic workshops with master artists covering a range of traditional Turkish arts, such as Ebru (paper marbling), Iznik tile painting, and bookbinding, not to mention the fascinating talk on calligraphy and healing!
- Monday 9th May, 12:00 – 13:00 | Anatolia’s Zero-Waste Kitchen Masterclass with Chef Ali Açıkgül
- Monday 9th May, 15:00 – 17:00 | Turkish Şerbet Demonstration with Chef Ali Açıkgül
- Monday 9th May, 18:00 – 20:00 | The Forgotten Taste of Anatolia Masterclass with Chef Ali Açıkgül
- Tuesday 10th May, 18:00 – 20:00 | Ebru (Paper marbling) Workshop with Professor Ahmet Sacit Açıkgözoğlu
- Wednesday 11th May, 18:00 – 20:00 | Turkish Coffee Demonstration with Nedim Aydoğdu
- Thursday 12th May, 19:00 – 21:00 | Talk: The Healing Power of Calligraphy
- Friday 13th May, 15:00 – 17:00 | Turkish Desserts Demonstration with Chef Servet Kılıç
- Friday 13th May, 18:00 – 20:00 | İznik Tiles workshop with Nagihan Seymour
- Saturday 14th May, 11:00 – 13:00 | Turkish Cold Mezes Demonstration with Chef Özlem Warren
- Saturday 14th May, 14:00 – 16:00 | Simit & Turkish Tea Demonstration with Chef Özlem Warren
- Saturday 14th May, 14:00 – 16:00 | Bookbinding Workshop with Osman Doruk
- Saturday 14th May, 16:30 – 18:30 | Turkish Coffee Demonstration with Nedim Aydoğdu
- Saturday 14th May, 16:30 – 18:30 | Bookbinding Workshop with Osman Doruk
- Sunday 14th May, 14:00 – 16:00 | Turkish Vegetarian Dishes Demonstration with Chef Engin Servi
- Sunday 14th May, 14:00 – 16:00 | Bookbinding Workshop with Osman Doruk
- Sunday 14th May, 16:30 – 18:30 | Turkish Desserts Demonstration with Chef Servet Kılıç
- Sunday 14th May, 16:30 – 18:30 | Bookbinding Workshop with Osman Doruk
Yunus Emre Institute London has welcomed hundreds of attendees for London Craft Week over the past four years. Whether you are a chef or simply love food, an artist or an art enthusiast, this is a perfect opportunity to explore Turkish arts and cuisine!
For more information and to sign up to the fantastic events running, please visit the Yunus Emre Institute London website: https://yeelondon.org.uk/lcw/